Za'atar Spice Blend
Spice up your life with za'atar, a Middle Eastern spice mixture, traditionally made with dried herbs such as marjoram and/or thyme. Za'atar serves as a seasoning to sprinkle on vegetables, salads, chicken, fish, or kebabs.
Servings: 16 servings
- 1/4 cup sumac
- 2 tablespoons ground dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Mix all the ingredients by pulsing in a food processor; do not overmix–the sesame seeds should still be recognizable. A mortar and pestle will work fine, too. Store the spice in a glass container with a tight lid, and keep the container in a cool dark place. The blend will keep its freshness for several months.