Watch Chef Robin Playing in the kitchen making this delicious recipe
Olive, Fig and Tangerine Chicken
Servings: 4 people
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons red onion
- 2 tablespoons tangerine zest
- 1 cup tangerine juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup black mission figs, chopped
- 2 tangerines, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a food processor blend the garlic, onion, tangerine zest and juice, honey, rosemary, and olives with broth and salt and pepper.
- Marinate the chicken with the olive mixture and set chicken pieces in an oiled baking dish. Scatter with chopped figs and tangerine wedges, tucking them between the pieces of chicken.
- Place chicken in oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165°F, about 40 minutes, until browned and caramelized. This can be served directly from the baking dish or transfer onto a serving platter, spooning juices over top of the chicken.