Ladolemono Sauce–Lemon and Olive Oil Sauce
This Greek version of lemon sauce is like a supercharged vinaigrette. It's a natural partner to grilled meats and seafood.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, and oregano in a small bowl. While whisking, slowly pour in the oil and season with salt and pepper. Whisk before serving, as sauce will separate. To expand on simple sauce, add other fresh herbs, capers, or chopped shallots.